Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is this resource collection for?
- How do I register as a contributor to this collection?
- How do I leave comments and rate items?
- What is a "related resource"?
- What do I put in the "contact person" field?
- Can I select more than one "Learning Topic" for my item?
- Where do I enter a url or web address?
- What is ' Banner ' text?
- What if the language I am looking for is not on the list?
- What if my item doesn't fit under any of the "item types" provided?
It's easy. All you have to do is register in 2 little steps.
1. Create a "lightweight CERN single sign-on" account. (if you don't already have one, that is.) Go HERE
2. Request to be added to the database user e-group. Go HERE
Once your request has been approved by the IPPOG Adminstrator, you will be notified that you may go ahead and share materials, rate stuff and/or make comments within the collection.
Related resources are items in the collection that belong to a series or group of items. Examples: videos in a video series, exhibits in an exhibition, etc.
The e-mail address of the contact person. The contact person is the person to contact for more information on the item.
Yes. Hold down the command key and select multiple topics.
Type it directly into the "body" field of your item. When your item is published, the web address will show as a web link.
"Banner" text is the text you see written across the top of an item's main photo in the blue banner. It typically says something like "Product of the ATLAS Collaboration" or "Product of CERN" to show if an item was produced by a certain institute/collaboration/country/organization.